6.30.2009

Leavenworth, Pearly Gates -- June 22

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I've been having too much fun with my week off work climbing to get anything up here. Now that I'm back to work and into my normal schedule again, I can get back to it.


I had planned on climbing with Dave at Index on Monday, but the weather was not cooperating, so we headed to Leavenworth with John and "J" another friend of Dave's who's name is escaping me at the moment. We got to the Snow Creek Trail Head and hiked up to Pearly Gates. The Hike included a sketchy creek crossing over a fallen log, but was mostly uneventful.


Upon arrival, I paired up with Dave and we did a 5.8 crack (on the right side of the left area) which Dave strung together with the pitch above which was 5.9 and pretty fun. Next Dave cleaned a 5.9 J had led, which I didn't do... I'm not sure why? I then belayed J on a 5.9 crack and followed him, it was fun. I then decided to do a trad lead, and there were not many easy routes... none under 5.8 for me, so I sacked up for my hardest trad lead to date. The lead went well and I on-sighted my first 5.8 trad lead, nice.


Next J led another 5.9 crack which I followed, then moved the rope over to the next crack, a .10 I think and we climbed that to finish off the day. It was about 8:30 and by the time we arrived at the car it was 9:30. We headed off to the Munchen Haus, but it was closed, as was Gustavs. Damn! We settled for Ducks and Drakes for a quick beer and meal, which lasted way longer than we planned. We got back to Index at about 1:00am, and I was home about 1:30. Day one of my week off work in the books.


No comments:

Post a Comment