5.15.2009

Woodinville Boulder - May 14

I decided to go check out a little bouldering rock next to the skatepark in Woodinville. It turned out to be a lot larger than I had thought, as I had only seen it from the freeway passing by. It was full of easy bouldering and turned out to be a lot of fun. There were some harder lines, but even thoes tended to have bomber holds and no shortage at that. There were a couple lines that I didn't want to pull over the top without a proper spotter and pad... I'll save thoes for next time. As it turned out, traversing around the boulder was a lot of fun and a good workout. Seeing as this rock is 15 minutes from my house and I drive by it quite a bit, I think I'll have to start hitting it up for a quick session more often.


Velvet, who is still hard charging to learn how to climb really made some great progress working on this feature. I think a few more times on it and she will be sending 5.7 routes, no problem. Here are a few pics of her figuring out some moves.



I haven't done much Bouldering other than in the gym, more Sport and Trad, but I really enjoyed the freedom that Bouldering affords. I am sure I will be doing more in the future. I think I'm sending at about V2 right now, so it would be nice to get that up to something respectable. I'm heading to Leavenworth this weekned, so I'm seeing a bouldering session or two in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment