4.29.2009

Verticle World - Apr 28

Usually I would not include any gym climbing, as it is nothing more than a workout, but I must deviate from this one time. Yesterday at the gym I climbed with Velvet, her first time in the climbing gym. She passed her belay test and got trained on the Gri-Gri's they used. It was a bit shaky to start, but by the end of the night, she had it wired. On her first night in the climbing gym she did a 5.5 and a 5.6 route... her second time climbing and she did awesome! She did get fatigued pretty fast... she is quickly learning what "climbing shape" means.

I wasn't really feeling that great or anything, but ended up doing 3 10's while we were there. I'm not 100% on my knee yet and I'm basically where I was before my surgery. Actually I have never done 3 10's in the same day before... I would work up to it, but be tired after doing one, let alone 3. I have been working out hard and staying on top of my fitness, so I am hoping to show significant improvement when I'm completely healthy. 11's here I come.

I think in some way this may be due to climbing at Index a few months back with Dave. It really opened my eyes to what hard climbing is and how to get up what I thought I never would. Now things just seem a bit easier to pull off. I can't wait to get my s#!t handed to me again! Thanks Dave.

2 comments:

  1. Way to get after it. The 11s will be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats for the encouragement. I see what you are climbing and am very motivated to get a little better and open up some of the great climbing for myself... like the creek, RR, JTree, the Valley. See you out there.

    ReplyDelete